Systems Support Technician
Organization: Epic Technology Solutions LLC
Organization Contact: Eric Knific, Careers@MyEpicIdea.com, 432 N. Saginaw St. STE 207 Flint, MI 48502
Position Type: Part Time and Full Time Available
Location: Traverse City, MI
Epic is an information technology company that is devoted to social responsibility. Using the skills of a highly talented team of professionals, Epic is responsibly enhancing the technological power of regional businesses, municipal governments and not for profits, helping them flourish. Their goal is to provide the technological foundation that Michigan and the surrounding areas need.
General Statement of Duties and Required Performance:
The Systems Support Technician works with Epic and its’ clients to provide support for their computers, networks, and phone systems. The Systems Support Specialist;
- Maintains various systems including virtualization systems, SQL Servers, Web Servers, Backup Servers, and Deployment Software.
- Install and maintain new or existing networks.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Ability to create and maintain administration scripts and programs.
- Preform job tasks as required for clients.
- Troubleshoot and maintain client computers and peripherals.
- Ability to work with Windows, Windows Server and Linux systems.
- Ability to terminate and run networking cables.
- Other Duties as required.
Works under the direct supervision of the Operations Manager or designee.
- At least 3 years of experience supporting windows networks
- Windows domain management experience required
- Network fundamentals of routing/switching required
- Linux experience preferred
- Wireless Networking Knowledge
- Virtualization Knowledge Highly Preferred (VMware & Hyper-V)
- Willing to travel locally
- Technical Understanding
- Maintain Client Relationships
- Process Improvement
- Networking Knowledge
- Documentation Skills
- Must pass a State of Michigan LEIN/CJIS background check
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Send an email entitled “Epic Traverse City Systems Support Technician Application” to Eric Knific, Careers@MyEpicIdea.com with:
- Your Resume
- At Least 3 reference contacts
- A Cover letter